View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 05:19 PM   #7
mirobie
Donating Yorkie Yakker

I completely understand what you are going through. I had a yorkie about 15years ago. He was given to me as an older dog and one of the conditions from my mom was that she felt that at 15 I should handle most of the responsibilites such as brushing. I remember what a chore the hair was and swore that though I loved him dearly I would never deal with a Yorkie again. When I lost my yorkie I adopted a Chihuahua from the local pound. Shortly after that I bought a Chi puppy also. Thirteen years later I lost the puppy that I adopted. I like having two dogs, that way they are never alone when everyone leaves. I decided that the personality of the Yorkie is what I really wanted so I decided to buy a yorkie but keep the hair short. Immediately after buying my Ava I started seacond guessing myself with the normal work a new puppy brings into a home. Ava is now over a year and I can't imagine a day without her. On top of that I keep her hair long. I am loving the time I spend brushing her everynight and she enjoys it too. My Chi that that I bought, I still have. He is not as social as the puppy I adopted and didn't take well to Ava. It took some work and putting them together in time intervals but it was so worth it. Other than the normal disagreements they get along fine.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!