View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
PrincessDiana
I ♥ Franklin & Maggie
Donating Member

Unhappy Starting to regret...

..getting Maggie.

I know this is probably normal but I've had probably one of the most stressful days of my life and Franklin and Maggie are not getting along and I'm about thiisss close to a nervous breakdown.

For those of you who don't know, we just adopted a 3 and a 1/2 year old female yorkie.

Franklin is only 7 months so all he wants to do is play with her and follow her around. Well she apparently does not like that. She growls and nips at him and is very possessive of her crate, and the couches. Mind you, she's only been here half a day. She is the epitome of queen bitch to Franklin. She's VERY sweet to us and when we went to the dog park, she was really friendly to the other dogs and to other people. It makes me so sad because all I wanted was for him to have a playmate.

I think maybe Franklin is just really annoying so when we got back from the dog park, I took him for a short walk, just to kind of tire him out a little. Well Maggie laid on the couch and fell asleep and all Franklin did was bark at her. He likes her a lot and it just makes me so sad because he's my baby boy.. why wouldn't she like him?

I think she may be overly stressed from the trip and everything but it worries me that she's already so dominant in MY house after only being here for a couple of hours. It looks like she'll need a lot of training.. I'm scared she's going to hurt him.

Lastly -- there is something else that may be affecting her mood. We're not sure though. I think she might be pregnant.. which basically sucks for me. The reason why we believe this is because she doesn't seem to be overweight around the ribs or anything but she has a HUGE belly, and her nipples seem to be swollen. I don't any anything about female dogs though. I called the vet and we couldn't get in today so I'm bringing her in on Monday. Can anybody tell me what the signs would be?

I'm on my last nerve today. I know I'm probably HUGELY overreacting but today has literally been the most stressful day of my life.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!