View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #11
sadiesamie
YT 500 Club Member

you don't know for sure if the wellness is what's making her sick??
So whatever you do - I highly advise you to do things slowly if you try to switch her diet to anything at all whether it be NV or something else. The puppy formula.... I believe has higher protein and fat.

I would contact wellness directly. they are INCREDIBLY helpful when you call them!!! I don't have the number handy but you can go to WELLNESS® - Healthy Dog and Cat Food and they have a lot of great info on their site. Also the phone # is listed on their site. (Beverly- is who I have talked to there) you can email them but in your case if you feel it's the food making her sick call them. They make other wellness diets/different formulas lower fat...diff ingredieints... I do not believe the Wellness could be attributing to her getting sick though.

She could have pancreas issues where she would have to be on a low fat diet. Dogs don't have to be a certain age to develop pancreatitis problems. If she is getting sick and it's been for more than 2 days you should have a blood work up done like tomorrow. It's 100 or so dollars but it is something you should plan on doing every year anyway. Also a urinalysis. These tests on these little dogs is very important. But you just may want to do one now to see what is going on. How is her stool?

If you decide to switch to the raw (which I personally do not recommend changing a thing at the moment AT ALL)
But "IF" you do a switch I would do it very slowly like over a period of 4 wks.

If it were me she would be going to the vet and not changing her food at the moment until you find out why she is getting sick. Simply because if she is getting sick something could be wrong and she really needs to see a vet.

Just IMO. My girls are 11 and 10. we have been through a lot and I like to simply add my advice based on experience. Lets just say it's been quite a learning experience. :-)

I have not had a lot of time to spend on this site lately but I wanted to give you my opinion.

Last edited by sadiesamie; 05-08-2008 at 08:16 PM.
sadiesamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!