View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 08:50 PM   #43
Ozzie'sperson
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle's mom View Post
I had never heard what to call large Yorkies until I joined YorkieTalk. I found that they are called teapots. Check out the Teapot Club. There are more of them than you think.
My female Yorkie is almost 13 lbs at three years old and I love every ounce !!! She's healthy, happy and not as delicate as some of the tiny ones.
It appears that Aliza is saying that the breeder told her she was getting a "teacup." That's what's wrong with it. Lots of disreputable breeders purposely breed to the smallest denominator to get what they sell as a teacup.

If you want to call your baby a teacup lovingly or in jest, as those of who have teapots, do, that's great. Nobody would get upset by that.

And please note, somehow the WRONG quote got in this post. (Was trying to use Aliza's quote.)

People just get bent about the teacup reference because it usually relates to unscrupulous breeders and unknowing dog owners being defrauded. And those two things usually result in tiny dogs with serious health problems or, if you're lucky, a dog that may OK, but will exceed the 7-pound standard by quite a bit even though the person buying was told otherwise.
Ozzie'sperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!