View Single Post
Old 02-27-2005, 04:12 PM   #1
Maximus
Yorkie Yakker

Cry Please.. Help??? :(

Hi guys... I have a serious concern. My dog, Max(imus), is now almost 7 months old (on 3/5/05, 7 months). He was already neutered at 3 months. I had a really hard time tryng to potty train max. If you remember, I tried everything, and nothing worked. As a last resort, I used a treat method. And it worked better. Then, for about a week or two, he finally began to go on the pad on his own!! I was so happy. And I thought he was trained now. So since is he is kind of getting old, I began to slowly stop giving him treats (maybe no treat on 1 time out of 5 times). But that could not be the reason, could it??

Last week, he began to have "accidents"!! Listen to this, do you call this accidents?? 4 days ago, I found that he had peed on my bed earlier that day and it was dried up. He should have known better not to by now, cause he sleeps there. Then 3 days ago, he peed on downstairs floor for no reason. He was going on the pad very well for the last 2 weeks upstairs, what is going on? Then 2 days ago, he got on my bed, and I told him "no potty"(he recognizes this word), and he looked at me, and began peeing on my bed again. And yesterday, he came in my room, then began peeing a foot away from the pad on the carpet! Other times, it's hard to tell if he will do it on the pad on his own, b/c I take him there to potty there. So now I dont know if he would do it on his own on the pad.

Ok.... Is my dog neurotic? or do any of your dogs have this kind of so called "accidents" daily at 7 months old???

Please, yorkie experts, help me, tell me what I should do. I reprimanded him for peeing on wrong places. And took away the stains by carpet cleaners and repellants. Tell me, do I have no hope with Max...? What do I do now? If he won't be trained, I have to give him up... And I tried so hard for the last 3 and a 1/2 months... It is so depressing... I thought accidents are once in a while, not daily. Please tell me your experiences.... Thank you...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!