View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 08:50 PM   #51
TeddyandTiffy
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiedaze View Post
Denise, try having your friends give Maddie a bath and then bring her over to your house "before" she sets one paw on the ground. Maybe there is some kind of grasses or pollen on her that Lexi is allergic to instead of Maddie herself. Gosh, anything is worth a try to see if there is a possibility it could be something else. It would tear my heart out to give up one of my dogs and I'm feeling so bad for you. Big warm hugs to you.
I don't fully understand all this now, but I'm taking it that a child is allergic to a Yorkie??

Well I have a 12 yr old daughter (D'Artagnan) that is allergic to everything...Every tree out there, every grass out there, every mold, every bit of dust, coconut, cats and dogs... We had her tested at 13 months old.

She's been on allergy shots since she was 13 months old...We have 5 Yorkies and they do not bother her 1 bit. So I have to wonder too if it isn't maybe the pollen getting on their coats and bringing it back into the house...U know it could be...I can't hang laundry out due to this for my daughter...Maybe she could try wiping her Yorkie down with a wet washcloth when she comes back in from outside to try to remove the pollens?? Or maybe a shampoo she's used or ??? The reason I say this is because my daughter when she was a baby loved sweet potoatos baby food, little did I know they was full of mold...So here I was feeding her what she was allergic to without knowing it.

My daughter has been off her shots since Oct...I took her off them for they told me it would take 3 to 5 years for her wall to get built up and she's been well over that 5 years, so far she is doing great...She is on allergia 1 tablet twice a day, flovent, flonase and singulair...So these I feel help keep her in place...

We've had our Yorkies going on 4 years now...2 cottony coats, 3 silk coated ones...If I can be of help please holler...I've been dealing with all these allergies for years with her and there's so much I have to do in my house just to help her...It is a daily job of keeping her from having a asthma attack due to her allergies or to keep her from breaking out in hives from something she's come in contact with. Hugs and She is in my prayers Lee
TeddyandTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!