View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 06:15 AM   #1
YorkieLady
BANNED!

Default What steps to shut local Puppy Mill?

I went with a friend of mine to look at a Great Dane puppy yesterday and the lady had a 14 week old Yorkie that she had just bought.. We began talking and I noticed one of its eyes seemed to be infected and its hair was really coarse and "dingy". I asked her where she got the pup from and she told me a lady in *** *** had TONS of them. (I remembered seeing her ad in the local paper that same day) The lady then began describing how the breeder had cages stacked 4 & 5 cages high and probably had 200 Yorkies, 50 chihuahuas and also several mixed breeds there. She said there were easily 400 dogs or more there. I came home and began looking at PuppyMill websites and just ended up going to bed in tears. I talked to my friend again and we are wanting to do something to shut this lady down. I'm not about being on the news or in the papers (I have a home daycare business.... ) but thinking about all those dogs -- I want to do something. Has anyone ever had success with shutting a puppymill or backyard breeder down? Any suggestions? (I have read the "steps" on what to do , but wonder if anyone out there can shed some light on if it has actually worked. I actually lost sleep over this!! I loved on my babies even MORE after seeing the Charlize Theron clip with PETA..... I'll post the link to that if anyone needs me to. Its heartbreaking!
YorkieLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!