View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 12:00 PM   #8
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere_de_Jambo View Post
Here is an update. Jambo has been at the vet the last day and half on IV. The doctor said that it does not appear to be an obstruction in the intestines but his intestines are abnormally distended. He tested for Parvo (Jambo at 8 months old has had all his vaccinations) and it was negative. Doctor thinks it may be coronavirus. Jambo has the symptoms except the diarrhea (only has had diarrhea once in the time I've had him & that was during change in diet). Doctor says that it is likely he got it from Moshi Moshi (little girl I just got exactlyl a week before Jambo exhibited symptoms). He said that the ingestion period is about 7 days so the math works out. I told him that Moshi has had two sets of her vaccinations which included coronavirus but he said that if she had diarrhea (she had diarrhea the first two nights she was with me but I figured it was stress) it is still likely she was the root of the virus. Moshi has been doing great. She is quite piggy and loves to eat and play. Her poop has looked great. I am picking Jambo up from the doctors this afternoon. He has perked up since the last few days and is no longer vomiting but still does not want to eat. I am so worried and this is all so upsetting because we got Moshi for the sake of Jambo and it looks like she made him sick.

I'm so sorry you have to go thru this! It's bad enough to have Jambo be sick, but then when you feel like it's from the other dog you brought in, it makes you feel even worse! I hope Jambo is feeling much better and I'm sure he'll start eating soon and back to himself. Poor little guy. We worry so much over them. I'm sure that being home with you will go a long ways in making him feel a lot better! Let us know how he's doing! All the best!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!