View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 11:15 AM   #14
Marc
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Well, I think what I'm getting at is those are sort of in different "classes" - it's kind of like comparing apples to oranges. Are you comparing grain-free to grain-free or just a food to a food? What I was saying is that if you look at Orijen within its class (grain free, higher protein), it is comparable to those within its class. It might be helpful if you chose which direction feels right for you and your pup - as in, grain free, regular, raw, kibble, canned or ?

I know you've mentioned the allergy issues a lot, so, if it were me - I'd probably go grain free or raw. Or, choose one of the allergy foods - but then you may actually sacrifice protein, so that's something to keep in mind as well. Again, I'm comfortable with high protein - so I'd go the first route - but you have to do what you're comfortable with.
I love you, lol. I don't know you...but I love you. (oh, I think you think I'm a guy...I saw that in a post somewhere...nope, girl...married to a great hubby with 3 beautiful kids). I heart you cause you are informative and smart. THanks so much for all your help and input. I really appreciate it.

I just came from the vet with my pup...she had her booster shot. I brought a sample bag of Orijen along for him to look at. He had never heard of it either. He LOVES the product and even told me to hold off on spending my money on Omega 3-6-9 cause he thinks this Orijen should be wonderful for her skin and coat all on it's own. (This coming from a vet who sells products in his clinic and he NEVER sways me into his stuff....I love him). Anyhoo...he was really impressed and not concerned about the high protein.

BTW....Brylie (pup) is now 2.7 pounds at 3 months. She was 1.94 pounds at 8 weeks...a month ago. Is it normal in the world of Yorkies for less than a pound weight gain in a whole month??? He didn't seem concerned about it...just thought she would end up being a little under the pound mark full grown. THoughts?
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!