View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 02:47 PM   #4
RawfedYorkieLuv
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Where to feed

Dogs should be trained to eat at their spot and NOT be allowed to drag around their food all over the house. Some people feed in the backyard but the following is what I do; I purchased an Xpen (petco). I place an old king size sheet (double up) on the floor in a designated area, in my case; the Arizona room (covered patio) and arrange the Xpen around that sheet. I put each baby inside the pen and hand them each their food and wash my hands (you can wear latex gloves). My dogs are pros now and won't leave anything behind but whatever is left after about 2 hours (they want to take breaks in between) I toss out. I baby wipe each baby's muzzle and feet, put away the Xpen and toss the sheet in my washing machine (no fabric softener) so it can be ready for next feeding. Done. I made my own natural, non toxic disinfectant/cleaner for countertops and such. Part white vinegar and water, little hydrogen peroxide and lemon juice.
I have a 7 year old and the dogs lick him and us all the time, we're still alive! LOL
In these pictures I have used pee pee pads as floor protectant but this didn't work too well as the food got stuck to it, lol. The exposure is also not the best. Taken with my cell phone...

</IMG>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Raw 1.jpg (56.4 KB, 239 views)
File Type: jpg Raw 2.jpg (54.2 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg Raw 3.jpg (64.7 KB, 122 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!