View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 12:05 PM   #1
RawfedYorkieLuv
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Exclamation The Benefits Of A Prey Model Diet

Hi all,
I was asked by lilyorkiemama on another thread to list the benefits specifically on the prey model diet. I know some of my friends here feed pre-made RAW by Nature's Variety, Primal, Bravo and the likes!!!
And those have reported similar positives observed in their Yorkies as well!
But I just wanted to list the aspects of the prey model feeding method!

1.) No nasty doggie smell without constantly bathing baby!

2.) Naturally cleans teeth, no need for tooth brushing or expensive anesthesia induced ( can be dangerous!) teeth scalings/cleanings. Prey model fed dogs have sweet smelling breath, white teeth and no gum disease!

3.) It takes the dog some time to chew/rip at a meaty bone which gives his stomach adequate time to produce
the acids and naturally occurring enzymes aiding in digestion. No need to supplement with enzymes!

4.) Stool volume! Most prey model fed dogs only poop once a day, leaving a small, firm, black pellet behind that does not stink and will decinagrate if left in the yard.

5.) Your dogs are much healthier and those frequent trips to the Vet become virtually non-existent meaning more money in your pocket!

6.) Feeding prey model costs less than premium kibble brands!

7.) Today's dogs have the same exact biochemical make up of gray wolves (dog's ancestor), the digestive tract works the same and is equipped by nature to deal with bacteria. This is how a dog in the wild would eat.

8.) Prey model fed puppies avoid quick and unnatural growth spurts. Runts have a better chance at catching up to their littermates, developing normal.

9.) The ripping, tearing and crunching gives the dog the kind of work out it would never have eating a commercial diet. It develops the jaw, neck and shoulder muscles.

10.) Prey model fed dogs are healthier than their commercial fed counterparts and a lot leaner! Obesity induced illnesses like diabetes are avoided!

11.) Feeding a RAW prey model diet allows the dog to utilize 100% of the proteins and other important nutrients found in raw meat, bones and organs. Cooked and processed food sources are not tolerated well by carnivores in the long run. Feeding supplements is unnatural therefore the outcome is unpredictable.

12.) Healthy, shiny coats and skin.

13.) A happy, healthy, long living, well balanced dog to stay with us for a long time!

These points are about the gist of it. Please feel free to add to the points made, my fellow prey modelers!

Nadia

</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!