View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 09:49 AM   #10
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Mine have their collars on all the time. Both are in puppy cuts. We use harnesses for walks and car rides. Since we have no fence(townhouse), they go outside to potty in the yard on leashes and we do just clip those on their collars since there is no pulling (they are just outside 30 seconds to pee). So it's easiest for us to leave the collars on because they don't like wearing their harnesses all day and then we don't have to put them on and take them off 15 times a day.

They are just plain nylon collars by Premier. Premier makes one that is 6-9", so does Lupine (I have some Lupine on my site). I also have some breakaways in case you are worried about them getting caught on something and you won't use a leash at all with it.

I found a tiny stainless steel tag for Sam at Boomerangtags.com They fit 3 lines on BOTH sides and it is really engraved well, not like the instant ones at the stores. Make sure you add "needs daily meds" and I also added "microchipped" in case they ever needed additional contact information beyond the # listed on the tag. Also, people would hopefully be more likely to find me quickly if they know she is microchipped and needs medication!

Sam's tag says:
SAMMY
My Name
My Number

Backside:
NEEDS MEDS
MICROCHIPPED
REWARD
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!