View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 03:01 PM   #8
sadiesamie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
How is she today, are things better? You can also give Pepto. More importantly though, I really think you need to take her *off* the raw bc she just cannot process the fat at this time. I really encourage you to get her on fish, potatoes, and a bit of green beans (steamed/pureed) - and call Susan Davis. She *will* get you on track.
Sadie has been off the raw since Saturday.
I literally only gave her a "pea" size piece of the raw all 3 times.
She had it Friday evening, Sat am and Sat evening. That was all. But I think it was enough to throw things off.

I talked to the Holistic vet today and they said that the supplements are probably making her drink more water. And I'm telling you. She drank a cup of water all in about 2 hours. GONE.... they both have been drinking a ton of water since we started the supplements. And gulping it down very fast so they said that that also could cause the vomiting too. And it is usually right after she drinks the water too. So for now, we are stopping everything (the supplements) Haven't had any raw since Sat night... we will see what happens.

Sadie.... both of these dogs are crazy! When I came home from work tonight they were yelling at me :-) Sadie has not got sick yet but I am closely monitoring her and keeping track of anything unusual.

I have already started getting together all of the labs and my husband and I talked. If within the next week we can't make this happen together with Susan than I am going to talk to her on my own. And just take a lot of notes.

And then we will go from there. After I gave her the pepcid last night no more vomiting. It's just a one time thing with her though. The only way I can describe it this. It's a quick barf... then she tries to eat it. Nothing where she is straining at all. and not a large amount. maybe drinking the water and gulping it down just is making her do this. She was drinking water like she never drank before. Every 15 min or so she would go in and gulp water. It has to be from the supplements because I've been watching the line on the water bowl and it has seldomly moved. Now last night and the day before that was a different story. the bowl was dry---completely. It has never been like that.
sadiesamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!