View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 06:29 AM   #3
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

I don't even know what to say. I can't imagine Denise and her family giving up Maddie. There has to be something that is different now; different shampoo, different food???? Perhaps if Maddie's hair was shorter again?

I know it seems cruel to put a small child through allergy shots, but is Lexi having reactions to anything else? I seem to remember Denise saying she has lots of colds, which is also a sign of allergies. My son started getting allergy shots when he was 5. The pediatric allergist was dumbfounded that our pediatrician kept telling us to wait till he was older. If he had started on his shots at a younger age, we could have avoided two ear surgeries, pneumonia and lots of other illnesses and tons of prescriptions. He started with shots (two in each arm, twice a week) for the first six months, then went to once a week for another year, then to once every other week and eventually to once every third week. He was rarely sick once he started on his shots and he never once complained about getting them. In fact, he would say, "I think it's time to see the allergist, I can feel my eyes and nose getting itchy".

The added stress can't be good for Denise's migraines either. Sending my thoughts and prayers!!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!