Thread: Heart tumor...
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 02:30 PM   #14
Ines3185lyorkie
Inactive Account

Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by flgurl69 View Post
I'm glad to hear your hubby is doing better. Sounds like he has a good cardiothoracic surgeon and electrophysiologist. After OHS and removal of that tumor, hopefully he will be up and about in no time. Did he have valve replacement or bypass also?

Sorry to hear about the loss of your furbaby.
YOU MUST BE A NURSE...
Yes, Dr. Joseph Lamelas I believe is #2 in the nation as the best of the thoracic surgeons. The turmor they removed turned out to be calcification, the problem was that since he has a history of ventricular tachychardias his heart started having arrithmyas. When his heart was of the heart-lung machine after the removal of the "tumor" the heart would start and continue with these aythmias. My hubby's AICD defibrillator ran out of battery, they changed it right then but it could still not get him into a normal sinus rhythm. So the Dr. then opened his chest and used the internal paddles to try to bring the heart to norman rhythm. The doctor even massaged his heart with his hands. My hubby was in the OR from 8 am to 6 pm. Once the doctor stabilized him he was moved to intensive care. He didnt need a bypass since he went in to have a "tumor" removed, thru a minimally invasive procedure. If he hadn't have the VT episodes they wouldn't have had to open his chest. He is recuperating slowly, we both are 45 years old so he should be ok soon. Thanks. OMG.. No he didn't need the valve replaced! I thought that was the reason they had gone over time...then I was told of the complication..

Last edited by Ines3185lyorkie; 04-19-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Ines3185lyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!