Thread: I need to talk
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 03:14 PM   #17
cindymeador
Yorkie Yakker

Cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
I posted a poem about Rainbow Bridge Rescue a little while ago. Now I need to talk about why I was online reading stuff like that today.
This is long and I'm sorry.

I’ve tried to get this whole thing out of my mind all day but to no avail. I simply must talk about it or I’m afraid it will haunt me forever. Please bear with my while I tell you about this morning.

I travel through a forest on my way to work each day and it isn’t unusual to see wildlife of all kind in the road. This morning I came upon a dear lying in the middle of the road. Its head was up but it wouldn’t move. I got out of my car to see what was wrong but couldn’t see any damage. The poor deer just stared at me with those beautiful brown eyes. Obviously she had been hit by a car and must have had internal injuries.

I went back to my car to get my cell phone only to discover that I’d left it at home. Another car was coming up behind mine and I flagged it down and asked him to call the humane society or the park rangers or someone. It was a teenage boy on his way to school and he said he would call as soon as he got there.

I knew I couldn’t leave this poor animal in the road by itself. It might get hit by another car so I waited for help to arrive. The longer I waited the more sure I was that help wasn’t coming. Cars would pass and people would ask if I needed help and I would repeat my request for help getting many promises, but still no one came.

I got closer and closer to the deer not wanting to scare her but wanting to give her comfort if I could. I wanted her to know she wasn’t alone. I was soon sitting next to her stroking her neck. At one point she stretched her neck out and sniffed my chin. Her eyes looked so sad and full of pain I could hardly stand it. Then she put her head down in my lap and lay there for a few minutes before dying.

My heart was broken. I can hardly finish telling you about this through my tears now. Finally a local police car came by. The cop was there with the intention of putting her out of her misery. Thank God I didn’t have to see that. It was hard to convince him that I wasn’t the one who hit her since I was crying but he finally understood. Then a truck came by and the guy driving asked if he could have the carcass. Carcass! This beautiful majestic creature was reduced to being a carcass. I can’t stand it! I wanted to hit him and the cop too for agreeing to it.

I left before they loaded the deer into the bed of the truck. I have been a wreck all day and am going to go home as soon as I can. My clothes are dirty but dry at last. I just don’t want to be here. I don't want to be anywhere.
What a sad sad story..........
cindymeador is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!