View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 06:04 AM   #5
sophiedog
YT Addict

OMG! Its flashbacks of Vietnam all over again, at least now our soldiers are treated with the respect they deserve and people realize it's not their fault they are fighting in a war not everyone believes in. These people will never be the same again once they come home. My heart goes out to everyone who has a loved one involved and each one of those loved ones so far away and in such danger. I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember that awful time when our country was so torn apart by a war, when people were fighting each other in sweet America over their viewpoints. Irregardless of your stand - at least now, people are rallying behind the men and women in the forces who are doing what they are told to do and sacrificing everything. My first husband was a Vietnam vet, he came back an alcoholic and drug addict, he was never happy again, and he died at age 42 of cancer related to agent orange. What did his son get out of it? A military funeral and a footstone,no daddy at 9 years old and the possibility of one day getting cancer related to agent orange.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!