View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #8
oopsmyhalofello
Just Pawz
Donating Member

I have 2 labs, they are older then my Yorkie's though. One of them wants nothing to do with the little ones and runs away fast when she see's they are running around. She never did well with my other lab until she was bigger so I don't think she will ever be around the little ones. I keep them separated when i'm not right there. The yorkie girls have an ex-pen so they are in there overnight and contained to the kitchen when I can't really be watching them.

My younger lab loves playing with them and is very gentle and tolerant of being bitten and played on. She actually seems to really enjoy it, her play with them is very very different then her play with the other lab. I did have an eye opener last summer though when in the backyard so I am even more careful now. I had Bella teethered to my belt loop and she was running and playing with the big dogs. I grabbed an indoor toy that Willow had outside and shouldn't have and when I did she jumped in the air to get it and landed on Bella. I won't get into detail but I'm very very lucky she is alive, and it was very much an accident.

oopsmyhalofello is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!