View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #15
sadiesamie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
The last time we posted about this, I think you were going to consult with another vet and with a new nutritionist - didn't the nutritionist provide a sound way to guide you in a proper diet for these specific pancreas issues?

I'm not sure what else to recommend, in addition to what we've talked about in the past - bc of your baby's specific issues. I'm not an expert with the pancreas - so I'm not sure where to go from here...unless you could share what they told you?
I talked to one nutritionist and she said that there was no reason that we could not feed raw and add digestive enzymes. We did not make an appt with her bc she was 50 miles away. We just talked for 30 min. I just don't feel comfortable driving in Dallas traffic with my baby in the car for a long trip. so I found dr shawn and he is 15 miles away. natures variety had good things to say about both nutritionists.

But I am still trying to find someone that has the same issues with the kidney/ protein loss/even history of crystals and see if they are feeding raw. I've read Lots of info on feeding raw, but not on feeding raw with any health issues. I read about one kidney issue and one cancer issue. The raw diet helped the pets in a big way. Everyone knows we can't replace a kidney but in this situation it improved the dog a lot.

Believe it or not I rely on YT for A LOT. The vet can tell me one thing and immediately I am curious to know what YT members are doing.

We ended up scheduling with Dr Shawn Messioneur and he supports raw. I know when we go to see him this Friday, I have a feeling he is going to want us to feed raw. BUT he also may say to homecook. I am just trying to learn and read all I can about it before we go. I hear great things about raw diet and i am very excited to try it if the holistic vet thinks we can benefit from this.

My husband may want to do the phone consult with Susan Davis but I want to do both. :-) The Vet and nutritionist may tell me to feed raw But still I very anxious to see what other YT members have to say about it.

I have yet to hear anything bad about it. the only thing people have posted was that their dogs did not like it and will not eat it.

I do plan on posting the outcome after our visit. :-)

Last edited by sadiesamie; 04-13-2008 at 04:13 PM.
sadiesamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!