View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 01:01 PM   #6
sadiesamie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
What kind of info are looking for? I feed NV, as do many others. I love it. I use NV's lamb - and I've just now started the organic chicken (not regular) to try for variety (which is like butter, I swear!).

I was at the vet yesterday w/ Marcel and she asked if I was brushing his teeth - and I was all..."er...no, never...he's just on raw" - she was quite impressed!
yes and pretty much because of all the great things "you all" have said about it makes me want to switch :-)

But I don't know with the protein loss kidney issues and the high pancreatic values. when we switched to wellness we did it super slowly so we did not develop any pancreatitis. we had one bout of vomiting and diar last year (Nov) when I switched too quickly to a food. I didn't know about the pancreas and how it works but I found out. I thought that the "food" made her sick so I stopped the food immediately.

And with the raw I have read things about not doing it slowly and also read things about how you can switch slowly. doing is slowly I hear could cause digestive upset becasue kibble and raw digest totally differently. and switching cold turkey could cause digestive upset as well. I don't want my girls to get sick bc they do have the high pancreas values (which are elevated bc of the renal loss) not from greasy foods.

Do you know what kind of digestive enzymes would be ok to use? I have some that I bought to sprinkle on the food the last time I made the switch but don't know if I would need something I could get from B-naturals (what a wonderful site!!)

I am scared of what will happen that's all. not scared to feed raw at all. scared they will have major vomiting and diarrhea problems with the high pancreas values. I will be careful and smart when feeding it. and yes- me too the medallions are what I am interested in- Oh and I also have read that you need to rotate different raw foods. why is that?

Last edited by sadiesamie; 04-13-2008 at 01:02 PM.
sadiesamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!