View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 01:24 PM   #2
Dolce's Mom
YT Addict

HI, I too work a long week (35 hours) and have since I've had my baby. When I first got her I was off, or someone was the first week she was home. She was also only 8 weeks old. I would play with her in the morning and let her run around while i was getting ready for work and then i would put her in her playpen...a little while later, me or someone else would take her out for a bit, play with her some more and then she woild be back in the playpen again...this was done all day until i got home and took her out for the night until it was time for bed. I have always set a strict bedtime for her, unless of course we have company or we have been out all day...then mommy caves and lets her stay up late ....this has seemed to work for us and she is used to being in her playpen all day now. As she gets a little older and I can trust her more not to destroy the house when I am gone, I will let her have run of the house, until then she is content in her playpen. Make sure though that it is something like a playpen and not a crate for all that time, because there is very little room in a crate for that long a period of time anyway unless it is their bedtime. Hope all goes well in your search for a pup and believe me there are other Yorkie parents on here that work all day. As long as u love your baby and show them attention....they will adjust to your situation. Hope all goes well!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!