Thread: Opinions Needed
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 05:21 PM   #11
SoCalyorkiLvr
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemomma311
Hi, I just joined the other day and this is my first reply,but I feel compelled to urge you to get a puppy before or after Christmas. It just is not a good idea to bring a baby straight from his home into the hustle and bustle of the holidays.Too many people and too much confushion for their first few days of adjustment.They need a little time to get to know you and their new house...
I would normally totally agree with this, however, for some very few people it can be a good time because of the vacation time off from work and school, etc. I got my first yorkie on December 15th and I have 6 in my family (4 teenagers) but we really concentrated on my puppy and making his transition a good one. We had a family conference before he came home and established strict rules and asked for everyone's cooperation and help. We did not go anywhere for Christmas and by Christmas Day he had been there 10 days. He was expensive so he was really the one "BIG" present. I did have an office party one evening and my daughter kept him in a bedroom for the 4 hours that that was going on so, while it may not be the optimum time for everyone, if you plan to have a "quiet Chritmas and the puppy is your focus" then it may be okay. Just food for thought.
SoCalyorkiLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!