View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 12:41 PM   #15
NanaDtreasures
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkieluv View Post
I have to say that I know of several extremely reputable yorkie rescues, and the reason they charge between $200-$500 is because of all the money they put into the yorkies.

The rescues that I am speaking take in extremely sick dogs, dogs with behavioral problems, and yes, sometimes healthy dogs. They have bloodwork done on all of the dogs, spay/neuter, and any kind of treatment that they may need for whatever illnesses they might have.

Dogs who need liver shunt surgeries or surgery for LP are extremely costly. It's nothing for them to pour between $2000-$3000 on a lot of these sick dogs that come in. The organizations I am speaking of are non-profit and they rely strictly on donations and adoption fees. That means that they are STILL putting out more money on the dogs than they even take in. They donate their time, money, etc.

I think it's extremely wrong to categorize yorkie rescues as scams just because they charge between $200-$500 for their dogs. They do this to pay for medical bills, and so that they can rescue *more* dogs. They do this to afford treatment on these sick dogs that they know can live healthy lives after surgery/treatment/meds, so that they can live out very happy, healthy lives in their new homes...
This is a prime example of people who dont read the ENTIRE thread.
And what happens when they dont
I NEVER called the Rescues scams! NEVER~
I warned the one poster about scams..and not sending money!!!!!
Go back and read it aLL ...please
I agree with you that there are a lot of reputable rescues out there.
And they have nothing but love for the animal.
I KNOW theres cost involved.
NOT ALL of them do it for love...
I just stated that all new owners of Yorkies or any other breed dont HAVE to feel bad about not wanting to rescue.
Read the post before you come back so harsh please.
I have been very nice here. You have not been IMHO

Last edited by NanaDtreasures; 04-03-2008 at 12:43 PM.
NanaDtreasures is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!