View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 08:20 AM   #23
PrestigeousYT
YT 1000 Club Member

MY FairLacy wrote I for one have been very excited that Oprah will be exposing puppymills.
This can only do good in opening the eyes of uneducated Americans to the horrors of puppymills and petstore puppies. So many people just don't know where those petstore dogs come from...some have heard "puppymill" but have no idea just how bad it really is. We have got to find a way to educate the public, and millions of Americans will see this show on Friday. I just can't see it hurting anything...only helping to educate the public about puppymills. Maybe more and more people will stop supporting these aweful places.

Even IF she angles it as all breeders are bad, intelligent people will know that there are good breeders out there. And really...if it gets a homeless dog rescued that would have otherwise been put to sleep, I think its worth it. No one is going to stop buying from all breeders because Oprah says all breeders are bad. It just isn't going to happen. I personally would be perfectly fine with millions of people deciding not to buy from breeders and instead to rescue dogs that are homeless and would be put to sleep. But like I said, anyone with half a brain will know that there are good breeders too.

It seems like a lot of celebrities support PETA..I don't think they really know what PETA is really about. PETA does *some* good things but I would never get involved with them...they are extremists and I do not believe they are animal lovers at all.

Anyway, maybe someone should send this directly to Oprah so she can read it for herself? Maybe someone should send her information on how bad PETA is and suggest other, more effective ways she can be helpful in stopping puppymills.

I'm hoping I'll get to see the show Friday...hopefully I can at least see it online later that night. I hope that it only helps to educate people to the horros of puppymills and to stop them from buying petstore puppies in the future. And I hope it does encourage people to not buy from breeders and to rescue dogs instead. It may save millions of lives and put those breeding for profit out of business. The breeders that truly are breeding for the right reasons breed on a small scale anyway and won't have any trouble finding wonderful homes for their puppies.

I am thrilled that puppy mills will be exposed.
But you are kidding yourself if you think only uneducated people are the ones buying from puppymills and backing PETA etc.
And if she angles this as a bad thing for all breeders I imagine she will hear about it in major ways.
And as for emailing her show, we have and everyone should that likes to have their rights to be a pet owner and have a choice in their dogs care and likes to have a choice of having a purebred dog etc.
Don't be sitting back feeling comfortable and waiting for everyone else to do it.
If all pet owners take that approach on these bills it may be too late by the time you decide to voice your opinion
We will see how Oprah's show comes off. But trust me if you are truly sincere about your right as a pet owner I would start getting involved now, why sit back and wait. Email her show and tell her what you think about puppymills and responsible breeders.
Let your voice be heard now.

Deana
Prestigeous Yorkies
PrestigeousYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!