View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 12:27 PM   #1
Tuck'smom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default A SAD, SAD Story and Reminder

Last night on our local (I live in Central Florida near Orlando) news there was a story about two dogs who had died after being left outside all day in record-breaking temperatures tied on a concrete driveway. There was no shade for them and no water provided by the 14 year old boy whose mother had told him to take care of them after school. He apparently had better things to do and didn't bother to check on them. The local police are considering pressing charges against the woman but I think maybe they should simply put the boy in the same spot, same situation and see if that jogs his mind any or at the very least, make him do community service picking up trash, in the sun for a minimum of 8 hours straight in 97 degree heat and see how he likes it. Of course, some bleeding hearts would want him to have water but I believe the punishment should fit the crime to really make an impression. It just made me sick!

Please, tell everyone you know about the dangers of the heat to their pets - it takes almost no time at all for this weather to cause brain damage and death - lets use this tragedy to make the point that if we're miserable, SO ARE THEY!!!! And just think, they're wearing coats! I know they say their fur helps cool them somehow, but I have long hair and it makes me twice as hot to leave it down...

Sorry for rambling - this was just so sad, to see them hauled off in black garbage bags by animal control...
Dana
Tuck'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!