View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #13
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustysMom View Post
Madison sure is a cutie! I fell in love with Yorkies by a male Yorkie who is now in LA. He hadn't been taught anything because he was so spoiled
He had one ear up and one ear down and was obsessed with tennis balls.

I would find out what Madison knows and if there is a favorite toy.... does he know how to fetch and dig?

Pssst! Between you and me, most fosters end up adopting their furkids!
Oh my gosh...funny you should ask that! I have been giving them marrow bones that I take all the marrow out of for them to chew on....last night, Max was playing with his, and I went looking for Madison's....could NOT find it ANYWHERE. I thought maybe he took it outside and looked for it all over the lawn and in the sandy areas b/c the other day, he'd brought one in that was covered in sand and I had to throw it away.
This morning I saw him digging in the sand and was about ready to tell him not to do that, but all of a sudden, he came up with the marrow bone, LOL! It was so cute...Max has NEVER buried anything and then gone to dig it up....I got such a kick out of it. Of course, I had to toss that bone too, poor Madison! But I'll get them new ones later today!
He seems to really learn pretty quickly when Max does something.

I would definitely want to keep him to tell you the truth. It's just that leg lifting thing and having Max do it too....I hate to have Max wearing a belly band b/c he's never had to before.....I'm new to this, so it's a little scary to me bringing in a new dog when Max just turned 3 and he's used to being the only dog and we're used to that too. Although, I had been thinking of getting Max a little girl playmate. He seems ok with it but it's an adjustment for all of us! I didnt' realize how much it would be, but I'm learning! I guess I shouldn't be so critical of dh not being more accepting; I'm the one who's here all the time, but you just wish your partner would be more compassionate .
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!