View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 09:19 AM   #12
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

He looks pure to me - really cute. His ears just may be darker in color, or he may have what they call Leather Ear. It's not contagious, but they need to be cleaned with alcohol and use Lotrimine 1% everyday until they clear up. But a Vet would know if he has leather ear.

Back to marking. I would really use belly bands for now. If you plan on neutering him, start to make that appt. and it should help a bit with the marking, but you may need to use belly bands here and there too.

I fostered a 7 yo male - not neutered. He was marking my house like crazy. I put the belly band and maxi pads on and after a day or two, his 'attempts' to mark were waaaaaayyyyyy less. He then decided he was going to rub his body and roll around on everything to mark his scent - soooooo funny!
Anyway, I only had him for 2 weeks and he went back to his owner. I just spoke with her and it's been since the summer that I had him, but he has been neutered and she told me he doesn't mark in the house anymore. She said only a few times he had an accident b/c she didn't take him out in time, but other than that he's really good!

I hope it all works out for you.

Last edited by TLC; 03-26-2008 at 09:21 AM.
TLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!