View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 09:09 AM   #8
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustysMom View Post
You are a foster Mom whether you wanted to or not

Yorkies should have foster moms who know the Yorkie breed and you do, so that is great!

First thing a foster mom would do is keep the newbie away from your Yorkie until you take the newbie to a vet.

They are having peeing wars because they are male in the same house. Belly bands on both would help that.

Not knowing what toys are would indicate a puppy mill stud but could indicate a dog no one played with.

Being so quick to love you indicates he simply had bad owners. (or was stolen) A dog like him is looking for a human to love him and restore his trust in humans.

Husbands? Yeah, have that same issue. Join a local Yorkie rescue if there is one, as they can sometimes reimburse you for vet bills and food. Foster him and reenforce good Yorkie behavior while a new home is looked for. A Rescue could help with that.

Rescues always need fosters. Each new owner is cleared and checked out. I am a member of NCYorkie Rescue. Happy to answer any other questions.

Oh BLESS YOU! I just feel so alone in this and I want the very best for this sweet guy. I'm in love with him already. And if I were to find a new home for him, I just want to be absolutely sure he will get the love and care he deserves! And that's why I am concerned about the marking issue; that if I found him a home, the people might find that objectionable enough to rehome him AGAIN, and I don't want him to be a 'disposeable' dog!

He and my dog have already been around each other since he came here, so it's too late for that....what should I do?

Also...I had another question about his being purebred. It makes absolutely NO difference to me. He sure looks like he is to me, but I'm no expert. His ears ..if you look at the ear itself, not the hair; are really dark inside....do you think that is a sign that he's not purebred? Max's ears are pinky/tan colored.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!