View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 03:28 PM   #93
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFan121s View Post
Seriously?!?

1) Many breeders spend far more supporting their programs then they could ever hope to make back from selling a pup. Yes, they sell them, but the money is not profit, it's covering the costs they've already spent.

2) You don't see people adopting dogs or placing them for free because most breeders don't feel the need to report such specifics regarding their breedings to the general public. I know of several people who have placed pups for free for various reasons. Do you know how many people they would have beating down their door for a free dog if that every got out. It's not at all uncommon for a breeder to place a retired dog for nothing, or a pup they want to watch and possibly breed back to in the future going to someone they know. (Not saying that some probably don't make some profit, because I know they do, but that is not always the case and NOT their main reason for breeding...BIG difference there.) Why would you expect any breeder to divulge that information?

3) Competition? I'm sorry, but the people I see being discouraged from breeding are those breeding solely for profit, or those breeding without having researched, those that are putting their dogs' lives in danger, not because they are considered as competition. Many breeders have waiting lists and would breed if they didn't. So how exactly would an ill prepared aspiring breeder be posing any competition to them? I just don't understand that reasoning.
It is NOT about competition or profit...the good breeders here (and those that love the breed) get upset because others aren't breeding the right way and they are hurting the breed and not doing what is best for the dogs.

Last edited by MyFairLacy; 03-24-2008 at 03:30 PM.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!