Thread: pet psychic????
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 05:15 PM   #9
kathy785
BANNED!

Hamburger (cooked) and brown rice (cooked) Mix together and serve warm. I make a lot and then reheat in microwave. This works 98% of the time here. Sounds like she is depressed (don't laugh). I have had 2 puppies this last year that when they were weaned just quit eating. (they were eating solid food before the actual weaning!) The vet told me that with the small breeds it happens quite a bit. I had to force feed these puppies with a syringe. They would even start licking their lips when they saw me coming with the syring. So glad they were from different litters and that Pam could help out. Also try a bit of Kaopectate. Maybe tummy is just not feeling good.
If you have to force feed it is easier to get one of the large feeding syringes as the hole is bigger. I have used Science diet AD, the hamburger/rice pureed, and cheap canned dog food (it is like doggie junk food, so sometimes they will eat it) I usually mix it with puppy formula to a thinner consistency. Feed the puppy every 2-3 hours at first.
kathy785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!