View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #45
MindieRose
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogie Man View Post
The breeder forum often seems like two worlds colliding. We first entered the 'Yorkie World' by getting a wonderful male. Up to that point, I had owned Wolf Hybrids for the last 20 years. Well, before long we were addicted and just had to get a female for our little man (sound familiar?). Looking back, I was completely unprepared even though we had bred our 'wolf-dogs' a couple of times. Loving a Yorkie is easy, caring for them properly is not so easy. The one thing I did right was to have a great vet that raised Yorkies herself. I picked her for just that reason even though she had a reputation for being 'expensive'. Well, the information I got from her was priceless. She really got me through 'Yorkies 101'. A mentor, of some type, is absolutely essential. Well, my first pair of Yorkies are CKC (Continental Kennel Club) registered. As I tried to find 'better bred' dogs I ran into a roadblock. The breeders that had the type of dogs I wanted just won't talk to you about getting better dogs for breeding until you can talk to them on their level somewhat. Through more research, a lot of it conflicting, I finally gained the confidence of an exhibitor enough to acquire one of her dogs with full registration. We are now transitioning to putting together foundation stock of the type of dogs we're looking for. My point is that the Yorkie road isn't an easy one but everyone starts somewhere. Having been through my experiences, I can see both sides of the fence. So much good could come from this forum if we can maintain decorum and be civil to one another.
Exactly. I can see both sides of it as well, but what good can come from NOT being civil?

I dont think anyone is asking anyone to "sugarcoat" anything. Being polite and courtious is about being a decent human. You CAN and SHOULD be tactful when informing people of what they should be doing as a breeder, or about anything in life, if you actually expect them to listen. I dont listen or take advice from anyone that is rude. Its not hard to be informative and friendly at the same time. I suppose some people might not posess that ability though, or choose not to.
Proud Mommy of Gavin, Ethan, Morgan, Nia, Olivia, and Kiana and baby #7! Also Mommy to furkids: Cleo ,Lola, Lilly Appletini, and Diesel. and Sunny, Ethan's Golden therapy dog in training.
MindieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!