View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 12:25 PM   #40
vanessa19
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiekist View Post
Why must all of the experenced or knowledgeable breeders need to "sugar coat" the information that someone is asking? Breeding should be taken seriously and if unimformed first time "breeders" are asking VERY basic questions, then they have no business breeding period. I mean, come on. I have seen questions on here and I wonder if some of these people have EVER even heard of the birds and the bees. I am all for helping people with their questions but I would rather give them the hard, blunt truth on what may or may not happen or why every run of the mill cute wonderful Yorkie should not be bred. And maybe, just maybe, a first time "breeder" will take a look at what they are doing and not breed or will do the health testing first, or will be more informed and prepared mentally and finacially.
I completely agree, one day I would maybe like to breed, I'm not sure yet but if I do trust me it's years down the road and I will make sure I know as much as there is before I even go into something like that, I look at Jasmine as my child along if I did have any other yorkies I would treat them the same way and would not just breed for the h*ll of it. Your'e taking someones life into your own hands and have to be gentle. I also agree somethings on here are harsh but some of the questions people ask and there dog is already prego OMGosh! that scares me to think about that. I don't post to much because I'm afraid of giving wrong advice, I just ask alot of questions so if at one point I am ready to breed I will be informed and I've been thinking about "maybe" breeding for 2 years now and still haven't decided if I want to or not. That's a big commitment and responsibility that I don't think I'm ready for, at least not yet. But this is just my .02 cents
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!