View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 06:28 AM   #64
Brooklynn
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz View Post

I so agree. Can't put coat color over structure and can't throw out an excellent dog if it's coat color doesn't measure up to some color that nobody can agree on anyway! Look at the entries in the ring and see how many different colors they all are.

It's a fact that most showdogs are enhanced in some way and the coated breeds especially. It's not going to change. When I first went to dog shows, I was shocked because I thought it wasn't allowed but the hairspray, chalk, dyes, etc. are flying under every grooming tent. So where do you draw the line? If you put gel or spray in your dog's topknot, or flat iron them or even use finishing spray, you're as guilty of enhancing your dog as if you dyed his coat.

That's the dog show game, full of hypocrisy and politics but you can win if you get a good enough dog and I when I go to a show, I don't go for the fun of it. I intend to win. Of course, it doesn't always happen but it's not because my dog isn't professionally represented.
Well I have to disagree on one thing...LOL...I do do it for fun but I also do it to win ROFL! hehehehehe
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!