View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 06:06 AM   #62
blitz
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynn View Post
Dyeing a yorkie is wrong but I wouldn't say it's unethical at least it's not a health issue or a crippled rear, bad front and bad top line. I'd rather see a dyed yorkie in the ring vs. one with a crippled rear like I see alot in the ring LOL...it's like taking a yorkie that is oversized or ears out to the side of it's head, bad bites, none of that should be taken in the ring and I see that all the time. If I'm beat by a dyed yorkie I wouldn't think twice but if I get beat by a dog with a bad top line or a crippled rear then I have a problem LOL. It's all wrong but it happens and unfornuately it's gonna continue.
JMHO

I so agree. Can't put coat color over structure and can't throw out an excellent dog if it's coat color doesn't measure up to some color that nobody can agree on anyway! Look at the entries in the ring and see how many different colors they all are.

It's a fact that most showdogs are enhanced in some way and the coated breeds especially. It's not going to change. When I first went to dog shows, I was shocked because I thought it wasn't allowed but the hairspray, chalk, dyes, etc. are flying under every grooming tent. So where do you draw the line? If you put gel or spray in your dog's topknot, or flat iron them or even use finishing spray, you're as guilty of enhancing your dog as if you dyed his coat.

That's the dog show game, full of hypocrisy and politics but you can win if you get a good enough dog and I when I go to a show, I don't go for the fun of it. I intend to win. Of course, it doesn't always happen but it's not because my dog isn't professionally represented.
blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!