View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 12:43 PM   #6
cooperk
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaV View Post
Hi Kathy, Thank you!
4 months, especially our small breeds at 4 months, is very young to expect too much consistency in bladder control.
Do you feed her on any kind of schedule?
Is she with you at all times between potty sessions?
I suppose my westie was so easy, I forget how difficult my samoyed was (she even ate a hole in our wall - eeks). I think I get more frustrated with myself, wondering if I'm "on it" as much as I should be.

I have 3 kids, so schedule is military around here. I did solve the "morning oopses" by taking her ouside from the crate, then feeding her in her crate followed by another trip outdoors. I am with her all the time she's out of the crate, but I suppose it's the "kids" fault, as they play with her, then go on to something else, like the TV and she wonders into another room.

The scent thing is a good point too. It may also be more difficult since the breeder did not take the puppies outside. They were in a gated area indoors and pretty much went on the paper. I tried the paper (by the back door) as well as the crate for a few weeks, but got tired of the thing and really am trying to get her to go outside only (not going too well for me).

Of course we'll just keep working on it...have to, we're so in love with her!
cooperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!