View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #9
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

I don't know if this will help or not, but when we first got Hot Rod, he was from a store and not potty trained. The family room was closed off to the rest of the house. I got up every 3 hours (he was 15-16 weeks old) to have him go potty whether he was awake or not and he would usually go. We would make a big deal and say "Good boy" and pet him and give him a treat. He would use pad at times when we weren't looking directly at him so as far as he knew, we didn't see him so we started to lessen the treats. We then got an xpen and he has everything he needs in it, it's been wonderful! I also have a baby monitor that I used before the xpen in case he woke up before the 3 hours. He has a few accidents but he is pretty much potty trained now and he even goes outside for us. We noticed that he would go about 10 minutes after waking up in am so we started taking him outside and he's been pretty consistent with that. If we are late coming down, he uses pad. He's been really, really good. You've got to be really on top of it and keep to a schedule of sorts. Patience pays off and staying on top of it is necessary but it is great when you know he does what he is supposed to. I recently opened his area to include hallway and kitchen area. He had 2 accidents but now he's okay with the new territory. Hope this gives some help.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!