View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 07:08 AM   #4
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

What is it with the yellow colors, huh?? You should have seen us trying to pick the color for the outside of our house. It's a "farm style" house and has hardi plank siding all over. I wanted a yellow but not a bright yellow or a too pale yellow. I found a house in our small town that was the exact color I wanted. I tried taking sample cards over to the house and holding them up to it. Nothing was right. Then finally I talked to the owner of the house and he happened to have part of a can of paint left over from when he had painted a couple years before. It was some Sears brand and I was using Behr so I took the can, painted a small piece of Hardi Plank and took it to Home Depot to color match. It turned out perfect!! And I've even had someone from the building crew say that he had a client looking for that exact shade and never got it right. It's a yellow with almost a green cast to it but not enough to see green.... just enough to take the lemon out of it. After bugging that house owner so many times though, I ended up taking a Blue Bell ice cream gift certificate to him as a big thanks!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!