View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 06:27 AM   #2
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

When we built our new house 3 years ago (so hard to believe it's been that long!), I painted the rooms SO many different colors (but they all go together and some are only slightly different than others - like one sample card had three colors and we used all three in different rooms... make sense?). Our builder was skeptical at first because of course, he would have sent in a painter to do all one color with a different color trim. He loved it after we were all done. But I do feel your pain with the color selections. I drove my family and friends absolutely nuts while seeking opinions. I love every single color and think it all works very well with each other. The only room I've repainted (this past weekend, in fact) was the master bathroom. I had painted it a pale yellow but it has so many white cabinets and white wainscoting and white marble that it was just too washed out with all the sunlight it gets. I went a darker teracotta kinda color and LOVE it! It's SO hard to find the right colors. Hope you get it right next time! If I lived closer, I'd come paint it for you. I miss the painting..... the satisfaction after it's all done, ya know?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!