View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 10:19 AM   #1
KimluvsLexie
YT Addict

Embarassed still struggling

Well I'm glad to report that Tucker is doing better with his potty training, however, he is still pooping/peeing in his crate. A few weeks ago DH and I made the decision to place a potty pad under a large laundry basket and that is Tucker's home when we are at work. I just hated him having to lay in his waste and it didn't matter how small we made the crate he still did it and then he would bark to let us know he did it and to come clean it up . I can't let him have free reign yet, because he still isn't even 50% trained and he puts EVERYTHING in his mouth I just was wondering if there is any way to break him out of the habit and teach him to hold it? His first owner was sick with cancer and I'm guessing he spent a lot of time in his crate because when we took him in his hair was matted and soaked with urine I would love to get him back in his crate and give him a comfy blanket and some toys like Lexie has, but the cleanup is insane. I feel like we're going in the opposite direction now, because he won't go potty with anyone watching him so it's hard to watch him to get him to go on the pad but as soon as that laundry basket is over him he goes. Ughh...sorry so long, but I would really like to make him more comfortable! HELP!
KimluvsLexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!