View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 08:37 AM   #18
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz View Post
Believe me, I know how you feel and you have all my sympathy. Did the mom ever have anesthesia before this time?

This information about feeding newborn puppies has been passed on to me by a very successful show breeder who has been breeding Yorkies for two decades. He told me that the quickest way to set back newborn puppies is to feed them before they are old enough to handle more than their mother's colostrum. I didn't know this before because my vet would always have me tube feed them and I can tell you I did not always have the best outcome.

Good luck. I hope your puppies pull through.
thank you for your kindness. no, she hadn't had it before. The puppies weren't even due for about two more days but mama started struggling to breath and wheezing like an asthma attack. she laid down and wouldn't get up when she did, she couldn't walk so I took her to the vet and he thought she might die if we didn't get the puppies out. he was right about that I think so I agreed and given her breathing problem she didn't do well at all. Plus, I am so pissed at my vet. he only kept her one hour and told me to bring her home. As soon as I walked in with her, she started seizing. He told me to rush her back but I was afraid to do that. She stopped after two seizures but the babies were screaming every breath (effects of the anesthesia). mama couldn't even raise her head up until late the next afternoon so I was trying to calm babies down ,take care of mama, take care of the boy that had his intestines put back in and whew!!!!!!!!!! Well, you can imagine. The three that are left are thriving tho. Thank you for your well wishes.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!