View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 06:18 AM   #13
blitz
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar's Mom View Post
I have raised many litters and just want to let you know that the overdose of anesthesia that almost killed these pups mama and caused her to have seizures and sleep for almost two days is what killed this puppy. These puppies didn't have a chance to get colstrum or anything else from her. my other one died because it was born with it's intestines outside the body. Thanks for the link tho. I already have the pet Drops and have used them daily. if I seem a little grouchy it's because I am. sorry.
Believe me, I know how you feel and you have all my sympathy. Did the mom ever have anesthesia before this time?

This information about feeding newborn puppies has been passed on to me by a very successful show breeder who has been breeding Yorkies for two decades. He told me that the quickest way to set back newborn puppies is to feed them before they are old enough to handle more than their mother's colostrum. I didn't know this before because my vet would always have me tube feed them and I can tell you I did not always have the best outcome.

Good luck. I hope your puppies pull through.
blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!