View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 09:58 AM   #12
Ladyhawk
YT 2000 Club Member

I believe the attitude is born in them but must be nurtured to progress to adulthood. My Carly has such beautiful structure and gaits like a dream but as soon as she realizes that she is being watched she shuts down. She'll prance here and play with the other dogs but it was not nurtured in her as a pup and she has become so timid due to lack of socialization. When I got her at 7 1/2 months she was already scared to death of the world. Preston on the other hand doesn't care for strangers touching him but he has been socialized and he isn't afraid. He struts around and he knows that he is something else. He's always been a demanding baby and I must admit that I've catered to him a bit as not to crush his spirit. Denali loves to meet people and it makes her alot more fun to show where Connor only does it because I ask him to. He'd rather be at home with his gals. I watch those puppies constantly from the time they start moving to see personality and spirit. It really is hard to get everything in one package with this breed. That's what makes it such a challenge and keeps drawing me back in.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!