View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 11:10 AM   #60
Brooklynn
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

[quote=dudley1984;1848977]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFairLacy View Post
No..I'm not saying that. But many breeders give a one year guarantee against life-threatening congenital defects. I don't think that is enough. I want at least a one year guarantee against....

Well, until last month my guarantee was against "serious congenital defect." Then a customer showed up wanting money for patella surgery for an 8 month old dog that she admits started limping after a bad jump off the bed. I wrote a check and immediately changed my guarantee. My puppies get at least two through vet checkups before leaving my home, then the purchaser has another 48 hours to get their own checkup done. Any problems they can return the puppy immediately for full refund. After that it goes to the one year guarantee for life-threatening congenital defects (e.g.liver shunt). Sorry folks, but I don't want to leave myself open for abuse and arguments with customers who don't know the difference between disease and accident...
That's why my contract says grade 4....in an injury for an 8 month old puppy it would be a grade lower and if it's a grade 4 at 8 months it wouldn't in my opinion be from an injury. But also, my contract says does not include LP from an injury...I hope that makes sense
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!