Thread: Moving
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #3
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
Best suggestion I can make is get rid of everything you can before you move. Have a garage sale or take whatever you can do without to the local thrift store. You will love not having to find a place for all of the things you CAN live without. As for the computer, go to your local hardware store and buy colored electrical tape. You can buy one package with many colors in it. As you disconnect each cable on your computer, cut one color tape and put it on the cable and another small piece of the matching color right next to the socket it goes in on the back of the computer. Do that with a different color for each cable. If you run out of colors, use two different colors on one cable. Then when you put it back together, it will be easy to match them up. Also, I always carry my computer in my personal vehicle to protect it rather than in a moving van.
Sonya
Great advice. The colored tape is ingenious.

Only thing I'd add, meglaulanmar, is to enlist some help. That's a lot of work for just one person. There's gotta be a relative or friend you can call in a favor on? A co-worker? A YorkieTalker?

Last edited by alaskayorkie; 03-12-2008 at 10:19 PM.
alaskayorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!