View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #7
Izzy Princess
Therapy Dog
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougetthesmiles View Post
My 17 yr old daughter (will be 18 in July) only weighs 99 pounds! Anytime we are shopping and she is trying on clothes, if the jeans are not a size 0, she won't want them.
She just started womans fitness in school and her teacher says she wants to see her put on some weight. She is about 5 foot 6"
She eats like a piggy, she just don't gain.
I have heard her remark about her thighs, she will grab them and say they are fat! The girl has NO fat on her body, she looks like a walking skeleton!

Should I be worried?
Wow - I agree with Judy - talk to your school counselor and doctor. I'm 5'6 and I am a size 4 and people tell me that I'm skinny so I can only imagine what 99 pounds on a 5'6 frame looks like.

It's the pressure these young girls have now a days with being thin - all the models on TV and actresses are a size 0 or now someone told me that -0 is a size now. The fashion industry isn't helping either (if you watch Project Runway all the designer clothes samples come in size 0 and if you can't fit in them you don't model).
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!