Thread: first vet visit
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 07:29 PM   #3
adorame
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna22 View Post
Leo is going to his first vet visit monday at 6pm.I found a great animal hospital here in Arlington,VA.Thank god for the Washingtonian magazine,they rated some of the best vets and groomers here in VA.
What can i expect at the 1st visit?I know he is getting his 15th week shots.
How do yorkies feel after their shots?is he going to be sick and throw up?

I dont wanna see him in pain
I take it that he is at least 15 weeks and most likely has already ben to a vet through your breeder. Were you provided with his shot record? If so it should list the shots he has already gotten, your vet will most likely follow this shot record. Jeter yelped the vet when he got his shots for the first time with me, but he was 9 weeks old, by his next shots he growled when he got the poke. He did not have any reactions or vomiting when he got his shots, he just was more sleepy. He would yelp too if you touched his shot area for 2 day's also.

Your vet will do a physical exam, wich will include checking his coat, listening to his chest, feeling his belly, looking into his ears,eyes and mouth, also they night take his temp, wich seemed to bother my Jeter more then the shots did He did not like that one bit and I do not blame him for yelping!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!