View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 09:19 PM   #13
yellowmellie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Don't give up on it, seriously. If this is what you want to do, there are ways to do it so she isnt getting so upset and you can get stuff done.

First, I dont think i would put her in their if you are in the room with her. Put her in another room first so she doenst see you and get so upset. If of course, you have things to do and can't watch her. And I would do it in short bursts first. 30 min/1 hour get some stuff done take her out praise her play with her for 15/30 min and then again get some stuff done.

Like others have said, take her out every hour. Take treats outside with you and as soon as she goes to the bathroom praise and treat!! She probably won't get it right away but very soon. Keep an eye on her in the house when out of the crate and keep her confined to the area you are in where you can see her the whole time. If you catch her in the act, a stern no works great. Obviously, theres nothing you can do after the fact. Just clean up and know that in about an hour take her out again.

Does she only have enough room to turn around and lay down in her crate? Any extra room and they will end up going in their crate anyway and it kinda defeats the purpose. I learned that lesson the hard way with my first dog.

When you aren't home or at night, she goes in the crate. I don't know if you have had her in her crate at night yet but if not it will be a little rough at first but within the week, she will learn. If you haven't PM me and I can give you tips for that also.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!