View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 01:43 PM   #10
Patti
Donating YT 30K Club Member

When I got Roxie 5 week ago at 4 months she wasn't in the leasr trained. For 2 weeks I was too free with letting her run with the others thinking I was watching her close enough. Wrong. I would put her on the pads every 1/2 hour and she would look at me like Iwas nuts. i really thought she may have mental issues she just did not get it. So I decided to be tough, which is hard for me and whenever I can't watch her in the crate she goes. As soon as she comes out of the crate I put her on the pads. It took about 3 days until she finally got the idea. When she potties on the pad she gets a treat and she has free run of my room where me and the other dogs hang out or the house if I am not in my room for a couple hours. She finally is going to the pad on her own after 2 weeks and doing much better. She still has to be watched closely as she still has accidents but it is so much better. It is hard to do but sometimes you have to. She whines for a bit in there but settles down pretty good. Hang in there it will get better.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!