Thread: Torn ACL
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 10:27 PM   #17
I_luv_Addie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Sad So sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starr24481 View Post
My baby has been limping since Saturday. She is 8 years old and has never had anything like this happen to her. She ran up the steps and then just layed down and wouldn't move. I picked her up and when I put her down again, I saw she was limping. She won't put any pressure on her right back leg. I took her to the vet this morning and he told me she probably has a torn ACL and will probably need surgery. He gave her an anti-inflammatory and told me to call him Wednesday if she is not better. I can't imagine her being operated on. He said the operation is going to cost about $2000. Is that the going rate? I will do anything to make her feel more comfortable. I hope she is going to be ok. cry:
That sounds soo high to me! I worked for a vet and he did alot of pins in legs and stuff like that and I never saw a bill that high!! I was the one who took the payments! LOL! I thought he was overpriced! I woudn't take the risk of going to a vet I didn't know but I would defenitely check around and with friends for other vets in the area and get some quotes! Hope your baby is better soon! BTW Welcome to Yorkietalk!!!

He should have taken X-rays!!

Last edited by I_luv_Addie; 03-05-2008 at 10:28 PM.
I_luv_Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!