View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 12:11 PM   #14
ItsyBitsy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I had Bitsy spayed about a week ago, and the vet didn't come out to talk to mewhen I came to pick her up, but I think that's normal. I think if I asked specifically to speak to the vet, he would have came out, I just didn't see the need.

Prior to dropping Bitsy off to get spayed, I had her shaved down. The only thing that the groomer left is her head and she looks so funny! She has this teeny tiny body with this huge lion head.

I had no choice but to have her shaved, she was unbelievably matted We've been getting a lot of snow here in Toronto, and every time we went for a walk, Bitsy's underbelly would get wet, then she'd roll around and before I knew it, she was horribly matted. I tried my darndest to get the mats out, with tons of detangler. I decided it was kinder to have her shaved down and start all over again. The groomer said that because she has hair and not fur, her hair will grow back like normal. Bitsy has a thick cottony coat that grows really slowly and mats if you even LOOK at her.

I actually like her shaved down. She looks hilarious but is so unbelievably soft now. She's easier to bathe and keep clean and she smells a lot better. I think with the shave, I can probably go with bathing her every 3 or 4 weeks instead of every other week. She always wears clothes and I double layer her when we go out. She's 8 lbs, so she regulates her body temperature better than the tiny ones.

So if you do decide to shave your baby down, it's not that bad!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!